On all Trade Air flights it is possible to carry one piece of hand luggage and one piece of checked baggage free of charge (unless otherwise agreed in individual contracts, ie the aircraft lease agreement), in accordance with our terms and conditions as follows.
However, the dimensions and weight limits of the luggage will be displayed on your travel document as they depend on the type of aircraft and the travel route.
Exceptions on the above apply to special luggage such as sports equipment, musical instruments, pets and wheelchairs that need to be contacted or the Agency through which you purchased the ticket or the Trade Air Passenger Contact Center for more information, as they are subject to certain rules and restrictions.
On all Trade Air flights, the passenger is allowed to take one piece of hand luggage and one small piece of personal luggage with him / her in the passenger cabin (eg 1 woman’s handbag or 1 laptop bag or 1 file bag).
Baggage that does not match the prescribed dimensions / weight will not be accepted for transport in the cabin of the aircraft and will be transported as checked baggage. Please check before the flight that your baggage meets the quantity, size and weight limit.
A passenger traveling with an infant (up to 2 years of age) is additionally entitled to a stroller or 1 child car seat or 1 baby carrier * and baby food for consumption during the flight.
* Strollers, seats and stretchers must be handed over at the gate or before boarding the aircraft.
Sick and disabled people may also bring 1 pair of crutches and / or an orthopedic device or any other prosthetic device.
Our recommendation is to carry travel documents, medical records, business papers, works of art, computers and other electronic equipment, musical instruments, paintings, money, jewelery, medicines and keys in your hand luggage, and to find out more about other items that hand luggage must not contain on the „Prohibited and Dangerous Luggage“ page (These items may be taken away or damaged during security checks, which Trade Air Company is not holding any responsibility for).
It is necessary to know that objects / substances classified as dangerous goods are transported in air transport according to specific international regulations (Technical Instructions for Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air ICAO Doc. 9284AN / 905) which regulates certain exceptions to the hand and / or checked baggage restrictions.
List of prohibited items in hand (cabin) luggage
Store the following items in checked baggage or leave them at home. Without prejudice to air safety regulations, passengers shall not bring the following items into the security restricted area and into the cabin of the aircraft:
• Firearms and other devices that eject ammunition or missiles – devices that can, or appear to be able to cause serious injury by discharging, including: all types of short and long firearms, toy pistols / rifles and all replicas and imitations of weapons, which could be could mistakenly consider real weapons, individual parts (components) of weapons, except telescopic sights, compressed air or CO2 weapons, such as pistols, shotguns, rifles and inner tubes with plastic or metal bullets, signal and starting pistols, bows, arrows and crossbows , underwater rifles with harpoons or sharps, catapults and slingshots.
• Stunning devices – devices designed specifically for stunning or immobilization, including: stun guns, tasers and electric batons, stunning and killing devices for animals, chemicals, gases and sprays for attenuation and incapacitation, such as nutmeg / pepper / pepper spray, tear gas, acid sprays and animal repellents.
• Sharp objects – objects with a pointed tip or blade that can cause serious injury, including: meat axes and choppers, ice axes and picks, razors, scalpels and knives for cutting packaging, knives with blades longer than 6 cm, scissors with blades longer than 6 cm measured from the buttress, martial arts equipment with a sharp tip or sharp edge, swords and sabers.
• Work tools – tools that can be used either to cause serious injury or to endanger the safety of aircraft, including: pliers, drills and drill bits, including cordless portable electric drills, tools with a blade or handle longer than 6cm, that can be used as weapons, such as screwdrivers and chisels, saws, including cordless portable chainsaws, letlamps, screw guns, and nails.
• Blunt objects – objects that can be used to cause serious injury when struck, including: baseball and softball bats, various batons and sticks, such as police batons, batons, rubber batons, telescopic batons, combat equipment and equipment for self-defense (eg nunchakus, boxers, etc.)
• Explosives, flammable substances and devices – explosives and flammable substances and devices that may or appear to be used to cause serious injury or endanger the safety of aircraft, including: ammunition, detonator capsules (eg explosive lighter), detonators and sticks, replicas or imitations of explosive devices, mines, grenades and other military explosive devices, fireworks and other pyrotechnic articles, canisters and cassettes for the production of smoke, dynamite, gunpowder and plastic explosives
Items unacceptable as luggage
The following items are not allowed neither in cabin nor in checked luggage:
• items that may endanger the aircraft or persons or property on the aircraft, such as those listed in the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air, the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods Regulations and our regulations (information is available from us on request or on our website);
• items, the carriage of which is prohibited by applicable laws, regulations or orders of any of the countries over which it is flown;
- items that we reasonably consider unsuitable for carriage because they are dangerous, unsafe due to their weight, size, shape or character or are fragile or easily perishable in relation to, inter alia, the type of aircraft used. Information on unacceptable items is available upon request.
- Firearms and ammunition, except for hunting and sports purposes, are prohibited from being carried as luggage. Firearms and ammunition for hunting and sporting purposes may be accepted as checked baggage. Firearms must be unloaded (without ammunition), locked and properly packed. The transport of ammunition is subject to ICAO and IATA regulations as set out above.
- Weapons such as antique firearms, swords, knives and similar items may, in our sole discretion, be accepted as checked baggage, but are not permitted in the aircraft cabin.
- You may not include in checked baggage: fragile or perishable items, food, money, jewelry, precious metals, sunglasses, glasses, musical instruments, computers, electronic devices (such as, but not limited to, computers, mobile phones, Iphones, Ipods, cameras, video cameras, portable devices, etc.), optical or photographic devices, telecommunications equipment or devices, bonds, securities or other valuables, business documents, work tools that may be considered valuable, passports and others identification documents, keys, samples, antiques, other valuable unique items, books or medicines for personal use during the trip.
- If, despite the ban, your luggage also contains the items listed above, we will not be liable for any loss or damage to such items.
Items that can be accepted for transport under certain conditions
There are certain exceptions for products used for personal hygiene, for medical purposes, sports equipment and products that serve to help people with special needs. For more details on the possibilities of transporting such items, please check the document:
Liquids in your luggage
Due to security reasons for the transport of liquids in the hand luggage of passengers, a number of specially adapted rules have been determined and applied in practice. Liquids include: gels, pastes, lotions, mixtures of liquids and solids, toothpastes, hair gels, beverages, syrups, perfumes, contents of pressurized bottles, eg shaving foam, deodorants and other articles of similar content.
The following liquids may be brought into the aircraft in hand luggage:
• Liquids purchased in duty free shops in the protected area of the airport or in the aircraft, provided that they are stored in transparent plastic bags, sealed at the time of purchase (STEB) and must not be opened till the final destination.
• Liquids packed in individual containers / packs with a capacity (volume) of less than 100 ml or 100 g, and stored in a transparent plastic bag with a seal. The maximum permissible capacity of the plastic bag must not have a volume greater than 1 L. The contents of the plastic bag must be properly stored (visible) and the bag must be closed.
• Liquids used during the flight for medical purposes or due to special dietary requirements, including baby food.
All other liquids can be transported in checked baggage. At the security checkpoint, it will be checked whether your hand luggage contains liquids and other prohibited items.
The use of electronic devices is allowed only in “aircraft mode”, heavier and larger devices must be stored while the sign for seatbelt is on.
List of permitted electronic devices:
• Mobile / Smart phones
• Tablet computers
• Digital audio / MP3 player
• Electronic games
• Laptops / Notebooks
• Portable DVD / CD player
• Bluetooth devices
• Medical devices
• Electric shaver
Prohibited electronic devices:
• Electronic smoking simulators must not be used in an aircraft
• Self-balancing devices containing lithium batteries are not permitted in hand and hold luggage